Alaska is Open for Travel
And more popular than ever. Here is what you need to know.
Alaska Travel Updates
This page contains important information about planning your trip, making reservations, Covid-19 advisories, rental car supply, and the Alaska Railroad schedule. Please take a few minutes to review these important details.
TRIP PLANNING & RESERVATIONS
Alaska captured the imaginations of so many travelers through the pandemic, and we're seeing a record number of visitors this summer. You might find our phones tied up as a result. In the meantime...
- Lodging, Activity, and Transportation Finders. Try these tools to quickly find available transportation, hotels, activities, and complete vacation packages. If you'd like to find something specific, use the search bar at the top of any page. Just click the magnifying glass to get started.
- Online Booking. Most everything we sell is available to book online. Check the "availability" tab for any individual hotel, transportation, or activity. If your date is "green" you can book online and get an instant confirmation. Just add items to your My Trip cart, and when you check out select the "ready to confirm" option. Include all the guest names from your party and your payment information for priority processing. We will always check with you first if your trip cannot be confirmed exactly as requested.
- Last Minute Bookings. Due to availability challenges, we are not able to arrange full vacation packages within four weeks of travel. We DO handle last minute train and bus only bookings.
- Traveling Next Year? We typically begin booking trips in fall for the following year. To thank you for your early interest, if you confirm by the end of October you will have priority access to inventory and save 5% off our 2022 prices.
- Thank You for Your Patience! If you reach our voicemail, please leave a message and we will do our best to return your call within 24 hours.
COVID-19 TRAVEL ADVISORIES
There are no requirements for testing, vaccination, or quarantine for travel to Alaska. Visit this page for more information on optional recommendations. Expect to wear a mask when traveling on transportation services including the Park Connection Motorcoach and Alaska Railroad, as well as when visiting indoor spaces like restaurants and museums when social distancing is not possible.
RENTAL CAR AVAILABILITY
- If you find your own car, either through the national chains or a company like Turo, we can quote any of our packages without a car at a substantial savings.
MODIFIED ALASKA RAILROAD SCHEDULE
The Alaska Railroad is running a modified schedule to Denali Park this summer, with service limited to one direction of travel Monday through Saturday. On Sundays the train operates in both directions on its regular schedule.