Alaskans like to max out every moment of summer. That means that from May through early September there are a lot of festivals, markets, concerts, and special events to fill the hours when you're not adventuring. Here are some of our team's favorites.
Anchorage Summer Solstice Festival
- June 18, 12-5 PM | Multiple Downtown Locations
- Throughout downtown the city hosts dance performances, food trucks, artists, live music, and lawn games. This is also the day of the Anchorage Mayor's Marathon, a qualifier for the Boston!
Midnight Sun Baseball Game
- June 21, 10 PM | Fairbanks
- A Fairbanks tradition for more than 100 years, every year on the night of the summer solstice the local Alaska Goldpanners play a game under the midnight sun. No lights needed. The city also hosts the Midnight Sun Festival in downtown Fairbanks on June 18 from noon to midnight.
Girdwood Forest Fair
- July 1-3, 11 AM - 8 PM Friday and Saturday, 11 AM - 6 PM Sunday
- Family friendly music fest with three stages plus lots of arts and crafts vendors, local food, and a beer garden.
Seward July 4th Festival
- July 1-4 | Multiple Locations/Times in Seward
- The infamous Mount Marathon Race takes place on the 4th, and leading up to the big event Seward puts on a few days of festivities. Fireworks on the waterfront is especially fun. It starts at 12:01 AM on the 4th, when it's just dark enough to see the display!
Alyeska Resort Blueberry Festival
- August 18-19 | Alyeska Resort in Girdwood
- Go berry picking on the slopes of Alyeska Resort and enjoy all things blueberry, from art to cocktails to sweet and savory treats.
Alaska State Fair
- August 19 - September 5 | State Fairgrounds in Palmer
- All your favorite fair staples with an Alaskan twist. The "largest veggie" competition is always a hit, showing off what can be grown during the long, long days of summer.
At Alaska Tour & Travel, we specialize in building custom trips for every timeline, personality, and budget. If you'd like to have an Alaskan plan your Alaska trip, give us a call at 800-208-0200.