Whether you're looking for a refreshing pale after a scenic train ride, a crisp pilsner after a good hike, or a celebratory stout after seeing Denali in all its glory, southcentral Alaska's best breweries have you covered.
- Homer - Homer Brewing Company. Pouring "Fresh Traditional Country Ales," you'll find this small brewery between downtown and the Homer spit. The Old Inlet Pale and Red Knot Scottish and popular picks. Also nearby, Grace Ridge Brewing Company.
- Seward - Seward Brewing Company. They're only open in the summer, and you can only get their beers in-house at their downtown Seward spot. Come thirsty and hungry. The menu is as delicious as it is irreverent.
- Anchorage - King Street Brewing. You can't go wrong with any of the dozen breweries in Anchorage, but based on the great views from its top deck seating area we'd recommend King Street Brewing. Especially on a warm summer day.
- Talkeetna - Denali Brewing Company. Imbibe at the brewpub in downtown Talkeetna or check out the big new tasting room at the brewery proper at Mile 2 on the Talkeetna Spur Road. Single Engine Red, Twister Creek IPA, and Agave Gold are a few long-time Alaskan favorites. The owners also run Alaska Cider Works, Denali Spirits, and the Alaska Meadery.
- Denali Park - 49th State Brewing Company. About 15 minutes up the road from the Denali Park entrance area, this local favorite has an extensive and ever-evolving beer list. They also have location in downtown Anchorage.
- Valdez - Valdez Brewing. A new brewery on the block putting out some top-notch brews in this off-the-beaten-path destination.
- Fairbanks - HooDoo Brewing Company. Their festive biergarten is the place to be on those bright and sunny summer days in Fairbanks.
Want to take a deeper dive into the world of Alaska breweries? Book yourself a seat on the Anchorage Brews Tour.
More Like This: Best Places to Eat in Alaska
At Alaska Tour & Travel, we specialize in building custom trips for every timeline, personality, and budget. If you'd like to have an Alaskan plan your Alaska trip, give us a call at 800-208-0200.