Travel Trade Information
Alaska Tour & Travel is the largest custom vacation packaging company in Alaska. Since 1995, we have helped more than 250,000 visitors and their agents plan Alaska vacations, with each trip customized to meet their individual needs.
Alaska Tour & Travel is pleased to offer standard travel agency commission on the following select products, either booked within a vacation package or individually:
- Alaska Trains. We represent every rail supplier in Alaska, including the Alaska Railroad, Wilderness Express, and McKinley Explorer. Using our Train & Bus Express Checkout tool you can quickly see rates, schedules, live inventory, and book online.
- Park Connection Motorcoach. The Park Connection is our bus service operating between Seward, Anchorage, Talkeetna, and Denali National Park. Most of our guests that travel roundtrip to one of these destinations travel one way by train, and the other on the Park Connection bus. Here's why.
- Escorted / Fully Guide Vacation Packages. Choosing one of our escorted vacation packages is an easy way to arrange a complete, fully commissionable Alaska vacation for your clients. These trips are provided in partnership with a local Alaska company who specializes exclusively in Alaska escorted tour programs. We only offer "guaranteed departures," which means you don't need to worry about a tour departure being cancelled due to low sales. Trips are led by an experienced guide, include many meals, and can be matched up with Alaska cruises to or from Whittier or Seward.
- Alaska Cruise Transfers. We can arrange cruise transfers between Anchorage and the cruise ports of Seward and Whittier. We offer both bus and train options.
- Kenai Fjords Cruises. We work with all of the major cruise operators, offering cruises to Kenai Fjords National Park from Seward. There are a variety of different cruise lengths, destinations, and vessels, so contact us if you need help selecting a cruise.
- Seward Hotels. Currently we only offer travel agency commission at the Harbor 360 Hotel in Seward. This is a great property, located on the waterfront near the Seward train depot and departure point for Kenai Fjords cruises.
- Denali Park Hotels. We are pleased to offer commission at our two favorite Denali hotels, the Denali Bluffs Hotel and the Grande Denali Lodge. Both of these properties are located on a hillside overlooking the Nenana Canyon area just one mile north of the park entrance.
We occasionally offer discounted specials or rebates that are not commissionable. These are clearly marked with the word "special" or "rebate" on our website. Please be sure to ask our staff if you have any questions about which products are eligible for travel agent commission.
Visit our reservation policies page for complete details on our deposit, final payment, change, and cancellation policies.
Travel Agency Payments
You may deduct your commission from your FINAL PAYMENT if you are paying by agency check or agency credit card. If you are paying by client credit card, we will charge the credit card for the full amount and mail you a commission check approximately 45 days after travel. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover Card.
International Travel Agencies
Foreign travel agencies (excluding Canada) must pay the NET amount due by either wire transfer or agency owned MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit card. A $20 fee is charged for wire transfer payments, but is waived for payments over $1,000. Please notify our staff prior to confirming your reservation if you plan to pay by wire.
Please note we DO NOT mail commission checks outside of the USA and Canada. Foreign agencies MUST pay the amount due net or less your commission by wire or agency credit card. We apologize, but we cannot make exceptions to this policy.
We look forward to working with you and your clients to plan an Alaskan vacation of a lifetime. Please be sure to contact us if you have any questions.