Tours to take, wildlife to see, trails to hike. To do Denali right, you'll need some energy. These top restaurants in the Denali Park area will keep you fortified for the fun.
Where to Grab Breakfast in Denali Park
- Black Bear Café - Busy café on the Denali Park boardwalk that dishes up house made baked goods, hearty benedicts and burritos, savory breakfast bowls, and locally roasted coffee. The Black Bear's menu is vegan and gluten-free friendly. Plan for extra time to order and eat, this café is small and popular.
Favorite Denali Park Lunch Spots
Most visitors spend at least part of one day on a bus tour inside Denali National Park, so hotel-provided box lunches and snacks are typical for midday meals. When you're not on a bus tour:
- Morino Grill - The only restaurant in the park. Serves simple cafeteria-style fare like burgers, paninis, and hearty soups. A barista stand also serves coffee and espresso drinks throughout the day. The grill is adjacent to the the Visitor Center.
Top Denali Park Dinner Restaurants
- 49th State Brewing - Popular among locals and visitors alike. The brewpub serves their own craft beer and a creative menu of pizza, burgers, and entrees made with local ingredients. There's a good chance you'll catch a band playing in the brewery's big front yard. Also on property, a recreation of the "Magic Bus" that was used in the movie adaptation of Into the Wild.
- Prospectors Pizza - The dining room is full of historic pictures of settlers panning for gold, hunting, and building lives in the Last Frontier. Along with the more common pizzas, Prospectors features Alaskan-themed pies topped with reindeer sausage or crab. There's also a large selection of beer on tap, most brewed in Alaska.
- Most seasonal hotels and lodges in the park entrance area have their own restaurants. The Alpenglow in the Grande Denali Lodge is one of the fancier local hotel restaurants. It also has the best patio in the area. Farther down the hill, the casual Mountaineer Bar and Grill at the Denali Bluffs specializes in barbecue. If you are staying at the Denali Park Village, try Lucky Miss Saloon. It has a relaxed, rustic feel and nice outdoor seating.