Seward's misty bayside location inspires two common themes in the small town's best restaurants: Fresh seafood and soul-warming dishes. Here are a few local favorites.
Where to Grab Breakfast in Seward
- Resurrect Art Coffee House - Located in what used to be a church, this charming coffee shop is chock full of local artwork. There are ceramics, jewelry, stained glass, and every manner of paints on canvas throughout the space, making it as much a stop for gifts and souvenirs as baked goods. On that note, some seasonal favorites include the pecan sticky rolls and lemon lavender scones.
Favorite Seward Lunch Spots
- Seward Brewing Company - Near to the Alaska SeaLife Center in the heart of downtown, the Seward Brewing Company has a friendly vibe, a rotating selection of craft beers, and modern pub food. Their fried cauliflower bites go especially well with a pint.
- Zudy's Café - Sandwiches and toasty paninis with a gorgeous view of Resurrection Bay, plus can't-resist baked goods. Also less than a block from the Alaska SeaLife Center.
Top Seward Dinner Restaurants
- The Cookery - A foodie favorite, The Cookery's innovative dishes are all inspired by the restaurant owners' passion for Alaskan ingredients. Fresh oysters and seafood, local farm raised meats and fresh produce top the ever-changing menu. Reservations highly recommended. The Lone Chicharron, a casual taqueria, is The Cookery's sister restaurant.
- Ray's Waterfront - Known for its delicious seafood and steaks, as well as harbor and mountain views, Ray's Waterfront is popular with visitors and locals alike. You can't go wrong with their crab cake appetizer.
- Chinooks - The name says it all: Chinook is another name for king salmon. The menu is chock full of fresh salmon dishes, plus local halibut, shrimp, and rockfish. Their seasonal lunch and dinner menus are always changing based on what's fresh and available that day. They also whip up some delicious cocktails.
- Flamingo Lounge - Swanky meets funky cocktail bar serving up craft libations and hyper local menu of steakhouse faves. Reservations recommended here, too!